My wife and I called a Service Company in Orland Park, after we smelled a strange odor coming from the furnace.
During the middle of the night, my wife woke up to get a drink of water and use the bathroom.
She smelled an odd and strange smell in the house. She could not figure out where the weird odor was coming from, so she decided to wake me up. I searched all over the house and finally realized that the odor was coming from the furnace. I shut the furnace off immediately. I was afraid there could be a fire or a major problem with the furnace. My wife and I called a repair company in Orland Park the next morning. It was pretty cold since the furnace was off. Both of us were thankful that the Orland Park repair company had an appointment first thing in the morning that was available. My wife and I waited very patiently for the service provider to arrive. When he did, the guy immediately got to work. He tested the furnace for carbon monoxide and gas leaks. He could not find any reason for the weird and odd stand. In fact, the Orland Park service provider told us that our furnace was still in really good shape for 8 years old. The service provider was racking his brain trying to figure out why the smell was occurring. Then the guy got down on his hands and knees and looked around behind the furnace. That’s when we discovered the dead mouse right behind the machine. The dead mouse was getting warmed up by the furnace and the hot smell of death was disgusting.